This seems to be a busy space. I’m trying to catch up and understand how these all relate.
See also the blurring line between PaaS and Iaas, the PaaS Cheatsheet, a huge Spreadsheet.
This image helped me understand the layers involved:
- OpenShift Origin
- Solumn – Like a native PaaS module for OpenStack?
- ActiveState stackato – built on top of CloudFoundry
- Deis: Seems like an extended dokku; deploys apps from git, not so much focused on backing services.
- Gilliam: Runs a service on the host, per-project YAML file and command line client to deploy, can run backing services.
- maestro-ng: Will setup docker containers based on a YAML
- Velociraptor: Deploys multiple apps on the same host without virtualization.